Whether your business is a start-up or a renowned one, an easy-to-use website could not only improve visibility, but also could prove to be highly efficacious in terms of proper traffic, sales and ad management. In a big way, both of those platforms are ready to partner with you. Yet, the question remains. Which one should you choose? Which one could serve your business better?
Whatever platform you are going to choose, there is no guessing game as both of those are effortlessly easy to use, adaptable, flexible and measurable. In case, have you been in need of seeking the facts from a wide range of analytics, both of them could provide in-depth site data and analytics as well as suggestions for improving the site performance. Yet, we always recommend to take professional advice only.
A brief look into Squarespace
Squarespace is a service-based content management system with blogging platform. Integrated website builder, commerce platform along with the provider of a domain name registration. Anthony Casalena founded it in December, 2004. Being headquartered in the NY, this software and service-based CMS could provide everything that you may need to get your site start. From the beginning to the very end of creation. It will deliver every kind of tool that you may require for growing your website and using it as a tool to add a value to your brand itself. In accession, it is at present empowering millions of websites and this tool is eccentric in nature for the beginners.
Furthermore, this particular platform will the site development without using any kind of coding. Providing a user-friendly CMS, it delivers an awesome environment to pro-create your and pro-customize your site in any manner you wish. All you need to do is to pick a template, add a few texts and click the go button and your site will be ready to rise and shine the web presence of your brand. There is a great deal of drawbacks associate with the Squarespace and it comes up with less flexibility. Yet, this lack of choice for the users made it very easy to use and it could be a perfect shift for a business owner who does not have any kind of technical knowledge. Even a non-tech guy could be able to publish their contents using the squarespace.
Preface to WordPress
WordPress also comes up with tons of improvisations and customizations. It delivers a lot of choices for the users ranging from themes to plug in. Being based in PHP and MySQL, the code behind the WordPress is open-source and easily available. Yet it required advanced knowledge to deal with the codes of themes and plug ins. However, as thousands of free themes and plug-ins are available. There is no need to get worried at all and all of the handy tools to decorate your website in a dazzling manner and to provide it a definitive shade will be at your hands just after installing the WordPress into your server.
Although, the site maintenance with WordPress is pretty easy, if you want far simpler way, you may try the Squarespace. Otherwise, WordPress should have been the pick, as it is handy, highly personalized and could deliver a trendy shift to your delicate site.In terms of ease of use, the WordPress would be tougher in comparison to Squarespace. However, once you have made yourself familiar with the admin panel of WordPress content management system, every will start to seem quite user friendly. In accession, if you have not enough time to perform regular maintenance. And you do not have enough budget to afford a professional, Squarespace should be a better choice as it does not require any kind of further modification, unless any alteration is require.
Squarespace vs WordPress
- Squarespace is extremely easy to use and easy to learn. It is possible to build an entire website without writing a single line of code, when you are using Squarespace. WordPress is also the same, yet it comes up with lots of options for the advanced users. You could use it as a beginner and start learning the core of it. Otherwise, take help from the WordPress professionals to let your site handle them.
- Squarespace platform and built in plug ins are very stable. Yet, the collection of plug ins are very limited and you have to pay a hefty price in comparison to WordPress to use them.
- Squarespace comes up with high quality themes and these themes are easy to set up as well as easy to design. On the other hand, WordPress has thousands of free themes and plugins.
- Regular maintenance is required in WordPress, as the plug ins and themes are updated regularly along with the WordPress versions. On the contrary, the Squarespace keeps track of every kind of technical matter and you do not need to bother about the upgrading.
- It is tough to develop an ecommerce solution in Squarespace, yet multiple ecommerce solutions are available for WordPress.
- You could have control over the site speed in the WordPress that you might not get in Squarespace.
- For search engine optimization, a huge number of tools are available in WordPress. Yet, the collection of SEO tools are very limited in Squarespace.
- Larger support community is available for WordPress. As it is far more popular and miles ahead of Squarespace in terms of subscription.
Fair and square, now that you have known the inside story of both WordPress and Squarespace. You should be able to pick one easily.