This article helps you to understand how to delete categories in wordpress.
Post categories is used to sort the group content into different section
It is used to divide the post into different sections according to its specializations.
This article consists of following things:
- Why I need so?
- How can do it myself without impacting websites?
- Difficulty level [Easy, Medium, Hard].
- Total time consumed.
Why I need so?
There are following reason to delete categories in wordpress.
- To delete old post category which is not in use.
- And To remove empty post category
- To update the old post categories.
- They unnecessarily occupy space.
How can do it myself without impacting websites?
1: Firstly go to wordpress.com and login in your site
2: Go to Wp-admin by clicking on the dashboard or add /wp-admin in url and press enter.
3: Go to post menu and select categories in your dashboard.
5: Go to bulk action drop down
6:Select delete the click on apply button as shown in screenshots