Resetting your password
Do you want to reset your wordpress lost password? If you are unable to reset password, then there is a way to reset it directly in your WordPress database. In this article, we will show you how to easily change wordpress password.
In WordPress, there is more than one way to set your lost wordpress password .And In normal circumstances, you can do it through the WordPress interface. If you forget your password, WordPress has a built in recovery mechanism that uses email.
Here’s a list of different ways to reset a password. Any one of them will work, and you only need one to succeed.
To change your password
For wordpress reset password in current versions:
- In the Administration Screen go to Users > All Users.
- Click edit on your username in the list
- Scroll down to the New Password section and click Generate Password button.
- Overwrite it in a new password in the box provided if you want to change the automatically generated password, The strength box will show how good (strong) your password is.
- Click the Update User button.
Your new password takes effect immediately.
Using the automatic emailer
You can use the “lost password” feature of WordPress If you know your username or the email account in your profile. Just follow this simple steps.
- Go to your WordPress Login page ://example.com/wp-login.php (replace
example.com with your actual domain)
- Click on the Lost your password? link
- Enter your username or the email address on file for that account.
- Your new password is emailed to you.
- Once you get your new password, login and change it to something you can remember on your profile page.