This article helps you to understand how to delete theme in WordPress?
1. Why we need to delete theme in WordPress?
There are following reason to delete theme in WordPress.
- They unnecessarily occupy space.
- You’ll have extra updates notifications and updates to do, which could be annoying.
- And the most important reason: security. As well as plugins, hackers can use themes as entry points to hack into your website. Getting hacked is already frustrating, so imagine how much more frustrating it would be if you’d get hacked through a theme that you don’t even use or need.
2. How can do it myself without impacting websites?
There are some easy steps to deleting theme in WordPress.
1: Firstly go to your site and login in your site.
2: In dashboard go to appearance > Themes
3: Deactivate the current theme and activate the default theme that is twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen and twenty seventeen.
4: Select the theme which want to delete.
5: Click on delete in the right side of screen.
You can also delete theme by ftp manager also.
1: First you need to access your ftp.
2: Go to wp-content
3: Select the themes folder. Once you’ve selected it, on the right,
4: Click on the theme that you want to get rid of, right click on it and select Delete.
3. Difficulty level [Easy, Medium, Hard].
4. Total time consumed.
5. This is for WordPress.com or Org ?